Dental Surgery Procedures performed in Bundoora
Invariably, people despite periodical dental check-ups, experience dental ailments that need treatment by efficient dentists or dental specialists. Not all but some of these dental problems require surgical procedures which can be performed in a good dental clinic in Bundoora.
Most people think that dental surgical procedures mean undergoing root canal treatment, filling of cavities and extraction of impacted or wisdom teeth, dental implant or denture making etc.
Whereas the fact remains that that dental cosmetic treatment procedures like smile makeover and various other maxillo-facial procedures besides good number of other dental procedures involving teeth, gums and oral cavity also come under dental surgical procedures.
Dental procedures that do not require much of surgery
There are many dental procedures that do not require any major surgical treatment like:
- Scaling and teeth whitening
- Cavity filling and repairs
- Veneers – help to repair chipped, protection of decayed or stained teeth and may help in closing gaps between teeth
- Applying braces for teeth alignment and prevent bite-related problems such as underbite, overbite, tongue and cheek bites
- Bonding and Sealants – that act as a protective barrier against bacteria causing dental decay.
In addition, some of periodontal treatments like gingivitis, halitosis, aphthous ulcers can be treated in the best dental clinic Bundoora like Family Dental Clinic by adopting simple hygiene methods and simple medication, without undergoing surgical procedures.
Dental surgical procedures
Surgical procedures performed to treat dental ailments can be:
Besides above, dental surgical procedures can be Restorative as well that involve artificially modifying dentition that means surgery of the teeth, gums, oral mucosa of oral cavity as well as jaw bone alignment.
Common Dental Surgery procedures
The dental surgery procedures are performed by the specialist dentists such as Endodontics, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Periodontics and pedodontics.
The most commonly dental surgery procedures include:
- Root Canal Treatment including Pulpotomy, Pulpectomy and Apicoectomy
- Deep Dental Cleaning
- Dental Implant-Supported Prosthesis to replace broken or missing teeth
- Denture- Partial or Complete, fix or movable
- Crown i.e. caps
- Bridges – Prosthesis that is fixed between two or more crowns
- Wisdom tooth extraction
- Gum Surgery – Gingivectomy and Gingivoplasty
- Sleep Apnea – to correct snoring problem
- Accelerated orthodontics for proper jaw alignment and straightening crooked or crowded teeth
- Fiberotomy – a surgical procedure to remove the fibers around a tooth to prevent relapse
Reconstructive dental surgery plays a major role in to replace Knocked-out, missing, damaged or impacted teeth as well as facial trauma and correct the functioning of jaw joint called Temporo-mandibular joint.
Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons perform surgeries to treat dental congenital defects, diseases and injuries pertaining to jaw, face as well as hard and soft tissues of oral cavity. Highly skilled dental surgeries for cosmetic purposes like smile makeovers are performed by specialist dentist.
Special and specific Interceptive i.e. early orthodontic care among small children help ensure proper oral development among children by correcting the teeth alignment using braces and Malocclusion i.e. Crowded or Crooked Teeth as well as Bite Problems.
Should you require dental treatment, contact Family Dental Clinic – the best and the most modern dental clinic Bundoora that is well equipped with state of art equipment and infrastructure for providing best and most appropriate dental surgical treatment through highly skilled specialists of all branches of dentistry at the most reasonable cost.